SENIORS AGAINST INSURANCE

CLASS OF 1915 WILL USE DIFFERENT METHOD FOR RAISING GIFT TO UNIVERSITY.

At a meeting of the class officers and committees of the class of 1915 it was voted that the insurance method of raising the $100,000 which it is customary for each class to present to the University on its twenty-fifth anniversary be not adopted. This method was originated by the class of 1910. In operation, each member takes out a twenty-year policy, payable to the class treasurer in case of death or at maturity, and is himself chargeable with the premiums. That class and two or three others that followed the plan, carried it out very successfully, and have more than $75,000 of such insurance in force today. The considerations that led the present Senior class to vote against the system were that most members of the class will probably find it easier, when the time comes, to make a large cash contribution than to carry the insurance in their first few years out of College, and also, that the insurance idea contemplates an equal division of the burden, while on the twenty-fifth anniversary or at any time, some members of the class will be much abler and readier than others to make large subscriptions to the fund. Plans for such a subscription system are being arranged for the class of 1915.