PENN. AWARDED TRACK MEET

Intercollegiate Championship at Franklin Field on May 28 and 29.--Rules Altered.

At the annual meeting of the Intercollegiate Association of Amateur Athletics of America in New York Saturday afternoon, the 1915 intercollegiate track meet was awarded to the University of Pennsylvania, to be held on Franklin Field, Philadelphia, May 28 and 29.

Pennsylvania and Harvard were the only two bidders, the former receiving eleven votes to the University's eight.

Lafeyette, the University of Maine, and Swarthmore were elected to membership in the association, and a resolution was passed favoring the holding of intercollegiate track and field games at the Panama Pacific Exposition next summer.

Six Trials in Field Events.

Several new rules were passed, among them one giving the referee greater discretionary power in regard to fouling; one allowing six trials in the broad-jump, hammer-throw, and shot-put; and one allowing the referee to penalize false starting.

J. Greenough '15, manager of the University track team, was elected a member of the executive committee of the association. The other officers elected are as follows: president, E. B. Clark, Columbia; secretary, W. H. Draper, Jr., New York University; treasurer, D. M. Lake, Princeton; vice-presidents, R. F. Evans, Dartmouth, and R. L. Denithorn, Penn. State.