PLANS FIXED FOR CONFERENCE

Annual Northfield Religious Meeting From June 25 to July 4.

Plans for the Northfield Student Conference of Young Men's Christian Associations of Eastern colleges showing the various activities and the purpose of the conference which is to be held this year from June 25 to July 4, have been issued. As is customary, there will be from 800 to 1000 students at the conference representing all the New England colleges and several institutions of eastern New York and Canada. A delegation of 89 represented the University last year, and the committee in charge of the work is undertaking to materially raise this figure for this year.

The primary purpose of the conference is to provide a natural opportunity for men from the different colleges to meet for an unhurried consideration, in agreeable surroundings, of the vital significance of Christianity for colleges. The practical side of religious matters, both with relation to men of the colleges of the United States and foreign countries, is presented. Dr. John R. Mott, president of the World's Student Volunteer Movement, and leader of the conference, will address certain of the meetings, and the list of other prominent men will include Raymond Robbins, H. E. Fosdick, Sherwood Eddy, W. D. MacKenzie.

The daily program includes two meetings of all the delegates, group classes for Bible study, or study of social problems, and larger group conferences. The afternoons are given over entirely to recreation consisting of an intercollegiate baseball series, a tennis tournament, and a track meet.

In order that anyone may go, the total expenses are cut down to about $22 for the ten days, divided as follows: round-trip railroad fare, $4; registration fee $5; board and room $13. Arrangements can be made for several men to get their expenses at the conference paid by waiting on table, the number of positions depending on the size of the delegation.

There will be a meeting shortly before the April recess at which graduate and undergraduate speakers will outline the conference at Northfield in more detail. The committee for the year 1915 has been chosen as follows: L. A. Morgan '17, chairman, P. Bradley '16, R. R. Brown '17, H. A. Larrabee '16, J. A. Machado '17, F. T. Smith '15, H. M. Thurston '16, N. L. Tibbetts '15, N. L. Torrey '15, W. W. Webster '17, W. P. Whitehouse, 2d, '17, and F. B. Withington '15. There will be a separate 1918 committee in charge of R. P. Bridgeman '18, H. S. Gray '18, L. K. Moorehead '18, and F. B. Todd '18.