RECESS MARKED BY VICTORIES

FIVE UNIVERSITY TEAMS WON 13 OUT OF 19 CONTESTS DURING VACATION.

The University's record in athletics during vacation was successful, the crew and tennis team being undefeated, and the other squads breaking even on victories. The result of the nineteen contests held during the recess was:   Victories  Defeats. Baseball,  3  3 Track,  1  1(relay) Lacrosse,  2  2 Crew,  1  0 Tennis,  6  0 Totals,  13  6

Wednesday was the big day of the southern trips. The baseball team won from the Midshipmen 12 to 11, and the tennis and lacrosse teams completed the clean sweep, with the track team easily defeating Technology in the Stadium.

Saturday brought three victories and two defeats. The mile relay men forced Pennsylvania to lower the world's record, themselves breaking the previous inter-collegiate mark. The University crew defeated the Navy and the baseball team won easily from Columbia. The tennis team completed its first trip undefeated by winning from the Baltimore Country Club. The lacrosse team, however, lost to Johns Hopkins.