LAWYERS WILL ENTER REGATTA

Old Oarsmen Will Combine in Race Against Medical School.

The Law School crew which has accepted the challenge of the Harvard Medical School for a match race in the Harvard Invitation Regatta, will be composed of men of considerable rowing experience in various colleges, whose attempt to row together should make an interesting test of the theory that the various American strokes cannot be combined.

The leading candidates for stroke are H. A. Scragg who stroked his freshman four at Yale and R. S. McCabe of the Ariel Boat Club of Baltimore. At seven will be F. P. Cross who stroked the Princeton University crew in 1911 and 1912; (Princeton, it will be remembered, rows with the stroke on the starboard side.) J. E. Bennett, former Cornell basketball captain, who rowed in his Freshman boat at Ithaca and later the Cornell University boat until prevented by illness, will be at six. J. H. Philbin the Yale football and crew man of three years' first boat experience will be at five. H. W. Robbins of the winning Syracuse 1913 crew is to be in his old place at four. G. K. Wight the former Princeton football and water-polo star, Eben Cross also of Princeton, S. A. Sisson '13, J. M. Dickinson and E. S. Hawley of Yale, G. C. Cutler, Jr., '13 and D. J. Lynn '13, all of whom were on class crews of their respective universities are leading candidates for the other positions.

The coxswain's position will be taken care of by C. T. Abeles '13 former University captain and W. I. Badger the former Yale coxswain who are dividing the steering of the Union Boat Club this spring.