REGATTA ENTRY LIST TOO SMALL

More Men Must Sign Up So That Event May Deserve Continuation.

The entry list for the Harvard Invitation Regatta has been deprecatingly small in view of the fact that the number of men who have signed the books is insufficient to meet the entry needs of a regatta which shall deserve continuation in further years under the name of the Harvard Invitation Regatta. For this reason the blue-books in which entries are to be made are to be left open through the end of this week. It is apparent that many men have been undecided as to what races to enter and it behooves those men to decide immediately and sign up. Those who wish to take part in the double sculls event must sign up with a partner, as partners are not allotted to those who enter individually. The 140 pound single scull and the wherry classes have not been responded to in a manner appropriate to the opportunity they offer. Since there are so many men who not only comply with the requirements, but already row frequently, it seems that these classes should include a large number of entries. The blue-books are at Weld and Newell boathouses, Leavitt & Peirce's, H. A. A. Office, and the Union. To sign up men must be in good standing with the Office and have passed the required strength test.

It has further been decided to add a compromise race besides the wherry and single sculls. The blue-books are open for entries for this event.