AWARD OF PRIZES ANNOUNCED

Five Undergraduates and Six Graduate Students Won Honors.-Appointments and Resignations.

At a recent meeting of the Corporation, the following prizes were awarded: The Old Testament prize to Edward Wheeler Wilder '15, of Dorchester; the Sales prize in Spanish, and the Susan Anthony Potter prize in comparative literature to Henry Frederick Ballantine '15, of Fitchburg; the Jeremy Belknap prize in French to Robert Littell '18, of New York, N. Y.; the Lake Mohonk prizes to Grafton Lee Wilson '15, of Cambridge, and Michael Hermond Cochran '15, of Cambridge. The Charles Eliot Norton Fellowship in Greek studies for 1915-16 was awarded to Alexander Dale Muir 3G., of Lander, Manitoba; the Pennoyer fund to Grant Palmer Pennoyer 1G., of E. Orange, N. J., and Arthur Delafield Smith 2L., of Monterey; the Bright scholarship to W. R. Sears; University scholarships in architecture to C. H. Lench and B. E. G. Dirks.

Positions Filled for 1915-16.

At the meeting the resignations of E. J. A. Duquesne as Professor of Architectural Design, and of H. W. Josephs as Assistant in Chemistry were accepted, and the following appointments as assistants made: Joseph Paul Kaufman 3G., in Comparative Literature; Ernest Henry Wilson, at the Arnold Arboretum; Franklin Livingston Hunt, A. M. '13, Christian Nusbaum 4G., Harry Clark A. M. '11, David Locke Webster '10, James Beebe Brinsmade 4G., Arman Edward Becker 5G., Robert Harrington Kent '10, and Paul Earls Sabine 5G., in Physics (last seven re-appointed); Oscar Baxter Ryder 1G., Norman John Silberling 1G., Russell Weismen, Merton Kirk Cameron 2G., John Bovingdon '15, Arthur Eli Monroe '08, and John Valentine Van Sickle 2G., in Economics; Lee Irwin Smith, Frederick Sayford Bacon '15, Leslie, Briggs Coombs '09, Amos Knapp Hobby '15, and Joseph Wylie Mac-Naugher '15, in Chemistry (last four reappointed).

Instructors Chosen.

Edward Earl Lincoln 1G., was appointed Instructor in Economics, and reappointment made as follows: Harold Hitchings Burbank 4G., Philip Green Wright, A. M. '81, Frederick Ernest Richter 2G., Instructors in Economics; Edward Ballantine, Instructor in Music; William Anderson 2G., Instructor in Municipal Government. Frederic Palmer '69 was appointed lecturere on Practical Theology; William Stanley Parker '99, Lecturer on Architectural Practice; John Wymond Miller Bunker, Sanitary Inspector; and William Anderson 2G., tutor in the Division of History, Government and Economics.