RULES MADE FOR REGATTA

Committee Has Given Out Regulations to Govern Contests and Starting.-Shirts Considered Necessary.

The committee has composed the following rules for the government of the Invitation Regatta on Saturday and Monday,

1. Each contestant is required to report to the referee at the starting line 15 minutes before the start of the race.

2. Contestants not at the line on the hour named will be disqualified.

3. Every competitor must wear a shirt, and how men must wear numbers given them before the race.

4. Each crew or sculler must take the course assigned to him.

5. Each entrant must wear the number assigned to him.

The following notice of starting will be issued to the captains:

Starting will be by word of mouth as follows: Referee asks each starter if he is ready. He will then say "ready all" and seeing that all are ready give the word "go." Starting before the word "go" or failure to obey instructions of the referee at any time will be sufficient to cause disqualification.

Entrants from the University are reminded that they will be disqualified unless they have taken strength tests before tonight.

At a meeting of the Regatta Committee held last night David Bullard Arnold '18, of Boston, was made a member. He will aid in supervising the rest of the work this year.