ENGINEERING CAMP WELL ADAPTED TO SUMMER WORK

Registration for Courses at Squam Lake Should be Made by June 19.

The University engineering camp at Squam Lake, New Hampshire, will open this summer on June 26, and will be in session eleven weeks. Admission to courses offered at the camp is open to students registered in, or about to enter, any of the Schools of Applied Science, or any other school in the University; to undergraduates in the College, or in other educational institutions; and to students, with or without college affiliations, who register in the University Summer School.

The two courses to be given this summer are Engineering Sciences 4a and 4d. The former extends for five weeks from June 26, and counts as a half-course. It will deal with the subjects of plane and topographic surveying, requiring a preparation in trigonometry and logarithms. Course 4d will follow 4a, beginning on July 30 and lasting for six weeks. It is a full course for which either Engineering Sciences 4a, or its equivalent, will be a necessary preparation. Course 4a and the first three weeks of course 4d, if both are taken in the same summer, may be counted as one course. They are arranged especially for students who desire to take these subjects as part of their work for a bachelor's degree.

Each course requires, during the period assigned to it, the use of the whole working day; students are allowed to take only one course at a time. A regular fee of $50 is charged for Engineering 4a (5 weeks); $60 for Engineering 4d (6 weeks); and $80 for course 4a and the first half of 4d (8 weeks). A fixed charge in addition to the regular fee is made only for the following courses, for students who have not paid a full year's tuition fee in the University or in an "associated institution": Engineering 4a, $15; Engineering 4d, $20; course 4a and the first half of 4d, $25.

The camp is located on the slope of Red Hill on the eastern shore of Squam Lake, New Hampshire, about forty miles from Mt. Washington, comprising 700 acres of farm and woodland, with nearly two miles of lake shore. The topography is varied and well adapted to surveying problems. There are class and drafting rooms for 150 students. The camp may be reached most conveniently by the Boston and Maine Railroad to Ashland, N H., thence by the Asquam Transportation Company's boats over Squam Lake.

Rules for Registration.

Students who intend to take a course beginning on June 26 should register on, or before, June 19. Registration for a later course should, if possible, be made by June 19, but in any case a week before the course begins. Registration blanks will be furnished upon application; they should be filled out and returned to 114A Pierce Hall up to June 25; after that date to the camp. For further information students should address the Director, Professor H. J. Hughes, during the remainder of the College year, at 114 Pierce Hall, Cambridge. Communications to arrive after June 25 should be addressed: Harvard Engineering Camp, Ashland, N. H