H. A. A. MAKES STATEMENT REGARDING YALE GAME

Graduate Treasurer Clears Up Doubtful Points involved in Important Controversy.

The CRIMSON yesterday morning printed an article on the present situation in the matter of extra seats at the Yale game. In stating the two aspects of the case, the wording used unfortunately was such that room has been made for a misinterpretation of the stand taken by the H. A. A. Following is a communication from Graduate Treasurer F. W. Moore '93, which in stating officially the points involved in the controversy will undoubtedly clear up all doubt which may have arisen on the subject.

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

Permit me to correct a false impression that might be conveyed by your article yesterday on the possible necessity of playing the football game with Yale this fall at New Haven. You say, "According to the Boston city ordinance the construction of wooden stands is illegal." This would naturally make it appear that the Association is trying to persuade the city authorities to violate the law by issuing a permit for such stands. As a matter of fact, it is the contention of the Association that the law does not forbid a temporary wooden structure of the type we propose, and that a permit for its erection is entirely within the discretion of the authorities. The Building Commissioner takes the opposite view. While the authorities might not interfere with the construction of the stands, the Association is unwilling to violate the law by proceeding with the erection without the permit which the statute requires. Instead of proposing a violation of the law, we are trying to avoid it, and we hope that some solution of the difficulty may be found. FRED W. MOORE '93,   Graduate Treasurer.