TREMONT TEMPLE MEETING TO DISCUSS DUTIES OF U. S.

University Graduates and Professors Will Address Gathering Tomorrow.

A public meeting to consider "The Duty of America in the Present War" will be held in Tremont Temple, Boston, tomorrow afternoon at 3 o'clock. Former Ambassador to France, Mr. Robert Bacon '80, will speak on "The International Obligations of the American People." Mr. H. Parker '78 will present a set of resolutions, expressing disapproval of the proposed embargo on the exportation of munitions. Professor W. E. Hocking '01 and Professor Josiah Royce hon. '01, both of the Philosophy Department, will discuss the moral side of the question of sending arms to the Allies. They will be followed by Mr. William Roscoe Thayer '81, former editor of the Graduates Magazine, and Dr. Richard C. Cabot.

This meeting will be held under the auspices of the "American Rights Committee," an organization which numbers among its members many graduates of the University. Its aim is to arouse interest in the movement which is going on all over the country to bring pressure to bear upon Congress to prevent the passage of the munitions embargo measure. A collection in aid of the American Ambulance in France will be taken. All members of the University are especially invited to attend.