Cosmopolitan Clubs Met in Cambridge During Vacation

The ninth annual convention of the Association of Cosmopolitan Clubs was held in Cambridge on December 27, 28, 29, under the auspices of the Harvard chapter. Over 75 delegates, representing 92 different nations, assembled from every section of the country to listen to the addresses and to take part in the discussion which filled the three days of the convention.

The opening meeting was held, in Phillips Brooks House last Monday evening. G. W. Nasmyth 3G., president of the National Association of Cosmopolitan Clubs, presided.

Dean Hurlburt spoke in behalf of the University.

Suh Hu, a delegate from Columbia, on behalf of the visiting delegates, responded to the speech of welcome by P. Campos '16.

The second day, December 28, was devoted to discussion of the problems connected with the exchange of professors.

Discussion on the final day centered about plans for the proposed pageant which will be given by the students of Michigan on March 7. The purpose of the pageant is to spread international understanding and it is planned to hold future pageants at regular intervals at the larger universities.

Luncheon was held at the Twentieth Century Club and after that a visit was paid to Governor David I. Walsh at the State House. The convention was brought to an end by a banquet in the Union at which Dean E. A. Burton presided.