OPEN DATES ON 1916 FOOTBALL CARD FILLED

North Carolina and M. A. C. Elevens Will Appear in Stadium on October 14 and 21.

Schedule of 1916 University Eleven.

September 23.--Colby.

September 30.--Bates.

October 7.--Tufts.

October 14.--North Carolina.

October 21.--Massachusetts Agricultural College.

October 28.--Cornell.

November 4.--Virginia.

November 11.--Princeton.

November 18.--Brown.

November 25.--Yale.

All games, except that with Yale, will be played in the Stadium.

The remaining dates in the 1916 football schedule have been filled and it now stands complete. One or two of the games have yet to receive the sanction of the graduate football committees and the schedule as a whole has not been passed upon by the Athletic Committee, but to all intents and purposes the list of contests is finished. One of the dates recently arranged, October 14, is filled by a newcomer to the Stadium. North Carolina appears for the first time in history. For several years North Carolina has been the chief contender with Virginia for southern football supremacy. Last season Virginia with an unusually strong team was unable to score on her rival till the third quarter, when injuries weakened the opposition and North Carolina lost, 14 to 0. M. A. C. fills the other Saturday not previously arranged for. Last season they came on the second Saturday and proved too strong an opponent for so early in the season. Next year in the latter half of October she will serve to round out an extremely well-balanced season.

Bates and Tufts did not appear last fall but were included in 1914, when they came early in October. The others were all on the 1915 schedule.