MANUSCRIPTS DUE NOVEMBER 1
$500 Wells Prize Offered for original Thesis on Economics.
All manuscripts for the competition for the David A. Wells Prize in Economics must be in the hands of Professor T. N. Carver, David A. Wells Professor of Political Economy, by 6 o'clock on Wednesday, November 1. This prize of $600 is awarded annually by the Department of Economics for the best thesis in the field of economics, embodying the results of original investigation under the following conditions:
1. The competition is open to members of the senior Class in the College and also to any graduate of not more than three years standing, who holds a degree from any department of the University.
2. The subject must be written in the field of economics and must be approved by the Department of Economics before the thesis is submitted.
3. Each thesis must be signed by an assumed name and accompanied by a sealed envelope enclosing the real name of the author and bearing the assumed name of the outside.
4. Each thesis must be either typewritten or written in a clear legible hand.
5. The successful thesis will be published by the University, the cost of publication coming out of the funds provided by will of David a. Wells '51.