Plea for Organized Cheering.

Communications

(We invite all men in the University to submit communications on subjects of timely interest, but assume no responsibility for sentiments expressed under this head.)

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

Although one of the most important football games of the season is to be played on Saturday, not the least sign of organized undergraduate spirit has stirred Cambridge as yet. Up to the present time there has been no section roped off at the Stadium for organized cheering, and no attempt has as yet been made to practice the Harvard songs. On the other hand Cornell has lived for this one game alone ever since their success last year, and the publications at that college have been full of Harvard-Cornell matter all summer and all this fall. The Cornell rooters are to arrive in Boston Friday in time to hold a big smoker for 600 men and work up all the enthusiasm possible for the Saturday contest. The importance of cheering and enthusiasm can be recognized by recalling the Tufts game, which was won on spirit and a fierce optimism more than anything else, while Harvard revealed the danger of the lack of just these two things. The lack of spirit is fatal in a big game. There should be a great effort made to make the mass meeting on Friday night a great success and arouse here a little of the excitement that is stirring Ithaca at this time. A. SENIOR.