THE DAY OF REST

Professor Ripley recently gave good advice when he urged men to attend the Sunday labor meetings in Faneuil Hall. College students are at the time of life when they need to become acquainted with every sort of problem in a broad, humanitarian way, without the prejudice of later years. Not only the problems of labor, but the financial, religious and diplomatic interest of the world need a first hand exploration which cannot be obtained inside the walls of a college.

Boston leads in the number of opportunities offered to a student for close observations of great questions. One has only to search the columns of any daily paper to find the variety of predigested information furnished in the city, much of it on Sunday. Ford Hall meetings, Tremont Temple addresses, public library meetings, Lowell lectures and Faneuil Hall meetings, not to mention special lectures, crowd into view. The majority of students sleep half of Sunday and loaf the other half, or spend the entire day seeking a mild sort of amusement. How much better to utilize Sunday afternoons and evenings by attending a meeting of lecture of educational value.