AMBULANCE MOVIES IN UNION

A. P. ANDREW '95 WILL EXPLAIN OFFICIAL FRENCH FILMS WEDNESDAY.

The moving pictures taken by the French government on the work of the American Ambulance Field Service in Europe will be shown in the Living Room of the Union on Wednesday evening. In addition to showing the actual work of the Field Service, the pictures will portray a review of the French troops by General Joffre. A Piatt Andrew '95, who is at the head of the service, will speak on the work that is being done abroad and explain the pictures. Mr. Andrew formerly taught in the University. As the leader of the American Ambulance Field Service he is largely responsible for its enviable record in the relief work on the firing lines abroad.

In April of 1915 through the efforts of Mr. Andrew, inspector of the Field Service, the French army agreed to try a section of the American Ambulance Field Service. Ten ambulances went to the Vosges and their work was so satisfactory that the French government asked for ten more ambulances. When this was done the Vosges section took charge of the work in the important sector extending from Metzeral to the famous Hartmanswellerkopf, where it opened up to motor transport the hitherto inaccessible mountain "postes de secours." This new work was made possible by the use of Fords. During the same month the French asked for a new section to send to Pont-a-Mousson. Following this a section was detailed to Dunkirk. Gradually the number of sections has been increased to nine in the field, one of which is in Salonica, and the French army is so well satisfied with the work of the service that more sections are constantly in demand. These pictures are open to members of the Union.