BILLY SUNDAY LOYAL TO CRIMSON

Famous Revivalist Enthusiastic Witness of Game With Priceton.

William A. Sunday, the evangelist who opened his campaign for the spiritual redemption of Boston in his great tabernacle on Huntington avenue yesterday morning, came to the University less than two hours after he had arrived in Boston, and he has not visited Boston for a score of year. He went directly to the Stadium to see the Princeton game and there he cheered for the Crimson and waved a regular "H" flag. Between the halves Mr. Sunday made a few interesting remarks in response to questions.

"Will you come out to Harvard to talk to the students sometime?" was asked.

"Why, I haven't received an invitation yet," said Mr. Sunday.

"Would you be willing to come?"

"I should just be delighted to talk to the Harvard boys whenever the opportunity and the invitation come at the same time."

At that moment, however, the most interesting thing was the football game.

"This is the first big league football I've seen," remarked Mr. Sunday, "and indeed the only football I've ever witnessed was the recent, Colgate-Syracuse contest. Now this is the real stuff; this is class.

"Of course I love baseball better than any other sport, but this game is exciting; the teams are very evenly matched. It's faster than baseball, but there doesn't seem to be so much chance to watch good individual playing.

"Those Princeton men would make good choir singers, judging by the strength of their lungs. I never heard cheering like that."

Among other things Mr. Sunday praised the work of the Regimental Band, and the red and white "H" that came with the "Marsellaise," and said he would probably attend the Brown game next Saturday. "My afternoon sermon is over at 3 o'clock," he said, "and I can get away to see the last half of the game at least."