WESTERN TEAM LOST TO 1920

CLEVELAND UNIVERSITY SCHOOL SHUT OUT AND FRESHMEN SCORE 42.

The Freshman football team overwhelmed the University School of Cleveland, 42 to 0, in the football game on Soldiers Field Saturday afternoon. The Western team was not effective against the Freshman defence and did not gain an incli when in a position to score.

The Freshmen played straight football, running line plays with an occasional end run, almost constantly, and leaving open plays alone. The visitors, on the other hand, tried pass after pass, and completed many of them but had no attack with which to follow up the gains made in this manner.

In the first period the Freshmen scored once on a run of 30 yards by Johnson. Hadley kicked the goal. But in the second period, their offensive attack strengthened, and the University School's line was crossed four times. Horween and Church were each responsible for two of these scores. The latter scored his first touchdown by line plunging and the other on a 60-yard run around the end. Horween secured his scored by line plunges after straight marches down the field by the Freshman team. Hadley kicked three of the goals.

The second half began with practically a new team in for the Freshmen. This new aggregation scored only once in the third period when Wrenn went over on a line play. No score was made in the fourth period. The additional two points were made on a safety by the Western team.

The work of the Freshman team was marked by the excellent work of Church and Johnson. For the University School team, Jones played the best game, especially at receiving forward passes.

The teams lined up as follows: 1920  UNIVERSITY SCHOOL Whitney, Cohen, McCouch, Bullard. Hale, l.e.  r.e., Elgin Woods, McKittrick, Thomas, l.t.  r.t., Pennock Thorndike, Apthorp, l. g.  r.g., Braydon Aspinwall, Casewall, Clark, c.  c., Wilkins Brocker, r.g.  l.g., Moore Hadley, Cheney, r.t.  l.t., Dodge Litchfield, Livingston, Hallowell, r.e.  l.e., Boyd Johnson, Geary, q.  q., Jones Hobbs, Weden, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Root Horween, Wrenn, Weld, r.h.b.  l.h.b. Fish Church, Post, Wrenn, f.b.  f.b., Wbb