HOCKEY SEASON STARTS TUESDAY WITH MEETING

WINSOR STILL IN CHARGE

The first meeting for all candidates for the University hockey team will be held at the Varsity Club next Tuesday evening at 7.30 o'clock. Coach A. Winsor '02, whose teams for the last few years have been extremely successful, will outline the plans for the coming season, and Captain J. E. P. Morgan '17, who was also captain of last year's intercollegiate championship seven, will also speak. Dr. Channing Frothingham '02 will talk on the health and condition of the players.

The Arena will probably open about December 1, as the work of laying the pipes will start in a day or two, and the management hopes to hold the first practice of the year on the following Monday, December 4. The preliminary practice behind Hemenway Gymnasium which has started off the hockey season in the past will be abandoned this year unless the Arena should fall to open on schedule time.

All candidates from the Sophomore Class for the position of second assistant manager of the hockey team will be called out on November 28, the day of the meeting, and should report to R. D. Hunneman '17, Thayer 37, at 1.30 o'clock. Freshman manager candidates will not be called out until about a week later, as practice for the 1920 team will not start until after the University team gets under way.