The Football Games.

COMMENT

To have both the great football contests on the same day was embarrassing, but although it was impossible to be at the Brush Stadium in this city and the Yale Bowl at New Haven at the same time, there was no complaint of diminished attendance at either. The crowds were enormous, and both games were inspiring, Yale won. After four successive and deplorable defeats, with not even a touchdown to brag about, Yale beat the confident Harvard team by a score of 6 to 3, upset all the betting calculations, and restored one of the universities' glories. Harvard can stand it, and everybody will be glad to have Yale back in the running.

At the Polo Grounds the West Point men again triumphed over the Annapolis men. The Army has had the winning habit since 1913. Before that the Navy had had rather the better of the contests. . . . . . The midshipmen must manage, of course, to get back in their old football form as Yale has done, but Yale had suffered more from Harvard than Annapolis has yet suffered from West Point, and there is plenty of time. Congratulations to the Army and to the Yale men, but not a word of commiseration for Harvard and the Navy. There were two fair contests and the best men won. New York Times.