1,000 ENROLMENTS WANTED

University Red Cross Committee Expects to Secure 500 of These by End of Present Week.

Five hundred more enrolments for the American Red Cross are wanted from the University by the end of next week. The Greater Boston Chapter of the American Red Cross is making an effort to increase its membership to 20,000 and so far the number of enrolments from the University has not been satisfactory. The committee plans to enroll, if possible, a thousand students of the University in the cause.

The American Red Cross is supported entirely by voluntary contributions. It is authorized by the government to give aid to the army and navy in time of war During peace the organization is always ready to assist in alleviating any suffering resulting from sudden catastrophes. It is also interested in preventive measures for disease and in educational improvements. In the last ten years the organization has rendered timely assistance in more than 80 disasters. Having branches throughout the country, it has received and spent more than $10,000,000 and donated relief supplies valued at $5,000,000.

The membership fee for one year in the American Red Cross is one dollar. Enrolments may be made and membership fee paid at the CRIMSON Building on Plympton street, at Weld 3 or with any member of the University committee on enrolments.