TO PLAY B. A. A. CANDIDATES

University Hockey Team Opens Season Tomorrow Night--Rice Star of Yesterday's Practice.

The University hockey team will play its first game of the season tomorrow evening, meeting a team called the "B. A. A. Candidates" in the Arena at 8.15. This game is not on the regular schedule but has been arranged so as to give the team some experience before the season starts in earnest after Christmas. Admission will be at 50 cents, 75 cents, and one dollar.

The B. A. A. team held its first practice yesterday at the same time as the University squad, and the two sevens had a half-hour's scrimmage which the University team won 2 to 0. The Crimson first team started with the same line-up as on Wednesday, but the substitutes were sent in one at a time until every member of the squad had been given some practice.

T. H. Rice '17 played a remarkable game at wing and was responsible for the first score. He was continually on the look-out for the puck and as soon as he got it away from the B. A. A. forwards would dash down the side of the rink. His quick pass to G. A. Percy '18 led to a pretty goal by the latter. Percy had several more chances for goals but lost them because he was shooting too high. The final score was made by R. H. Kissel '19. While the regulars and first-string substitutes were in, the play was kept around the B. A. A. goal but Skilton made some brilliant dashes against the lower teams.