FINAL ELECTIONS TODAY

POLLS OPEN 8 TO 6

The Class of 1917 will hold its final election of officers today when ballots will be cast for the nominees for secretary, ivy orator and the class committees. Two men are to be elected to the Class Committee, three to the Photograph Committee and seven to the Class Day Committee. The polls will be in Phillips Brooks House and will be open from 5 to 6 o'clock.

A vote for ivy orator at this time was made necessary by a tie for that position between James Warren Feeney, of Andover, and Hunt Wentworth, of Chicago, at last Wednesday's election.

The following men have withdrawn their names as candidates for the Class Day committee: Charles Edgar Ames, of Dedham; Randolph Randall Brown, of Utica, N. Y.; Thomas Hooper Eckfeldt, Jr., of Cambridge; Charles Higginson, of Brookline; James Windsor Hubbell, of Des Moines, Ia.; John Melcher, of New York, N. Y.; Henry Whitney Minot, of Boston; Homer Loring Sweetser, of Brookline; James Clarke White, 2d, of Boston.

Walter Staunton Mack, Jr., of New York, N. Y., has resigned as a nominee for the photograph committee.

The following Juniors have been assigned as watchers at the polls and if unable to serve at the specified times must provide substitutes: 8-9, P. Squibb and T. Nelson; 9-10, D. M. McElwain and J. Palache; 10-11, C. W. Adams, Jr. and A. E. MacDougall; 11-12, W. Elliott, Jr. and F. W. Ecker; 12-1, F. E. Parker, Jr. and D. M. Little, Jr.; 1-2, C. de Rham and T. L. Storer; 2-3, P. B. Boyden and H. Talcott; 3-4, W. J. Murray and W. Richmond, Jr.; 4-5, A. W. Pope and E. Holt; 5-6, H. Robb and A. D. Weld.