BOSTON HOCKEY CLUB WILL BE TONIGHT'S OPPONENT

GROSS RIGHT WING

The University hockey team will meet the Boston Hockey Club seven in the Arena this evening at 8.15 o'clock in the second game of the season. With the loss of R. H. Kissel '19, who cut his foot just as yesterday's practice ended, and of H. M. Bliss '17, who is ill, the University team is greatly weakened at right wing and that position will probably be filled throughout the game by R. E. Gross '19 the only remaining right wing.

The Boston Hockey Club has suffered from being a new organization and consequently having difficulties in holding practice with the same line-up regularly. Most of its work has been against the teams of the University squad and honors in these practice games have been about equally divided between the two squads.

Tickets for the game tonight will be at 50 cents, 75 cents and one dollar, and are obtainable at the Arena.

Successful Practice Yesterday.

The University team showed much improvement yesterday afternoon and the subordination of the individual to the good of the team was never more noticeable. The practice started with a scrimmage between teams A and B, which ended in favor of the former, 3 to 0, each goal being by a different man in the forward line. Kissel showed much improvement in his playing, keeping up with the rest of the line and being continually on the lookout for opportunities to score. He obtained the first goal. The second was on a long, clean shot by E. O. Baker '17, who played a heady, consistent game throughout, and used his body well; and the last one was the result of some good passing down the rink by all the forwards, G. A. Percy '18 securing the goal. The latter was much steadier in every way and kept his shots consistently low, hard and accurate. In ten minutes of individual practice he succeeded in putting nearly every other shot past the goal tender. Although the entire squad appeared to work more smoothly than last week, the men were still a little over-anxious and apt to shoot too soon.