YALE BASEBALL SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED--QUESTION OF TRAINING CORPS UNDECIDED--SHEFF'S FUNDS TOO SMALL

Nines' First Game Will be With Trinity on April 5.--Battery Now Mustered Out Pending Arrangements With Government.--Appointment Bureau Great Aid to New Haven Students.

The 1917 Yale baseball schedule of 28 games, with provisions for third games, with the University and Princeton has been arranged as follows: Games will be played at New Haven unless otherwise stated. April 5, Trinity at Durham, N. C.; April 6, Agricultural and Mechanics Arts at Raleigh, N. C.; April 7, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, N. C.; April 9, Catholic University at Washington, D. C.; April 11, New York Nationals at New York; April 14, Pennsylvania at Philadelphia; April 18, Fordham; April 21, Lehigh; April 25, Amherst; April 28, Columbia; May 2, Williams; May 4, Virginia; May 5, Virginia; May 9, Dartmouth; May 12, Pennsylvania; May 16, Brown; May 19, Holy Cross at Worcester; May 23, Lafayette; May 26, Cornell at Ithaca; May 30, Cornell; June 2, Princeton; June 6, Holy Cross; June 9, Brown at Providence; June 13, Tufts; June 16, Princeton at Princeton; June 19, Harvard; June 20, Harvard at Cambridge. In case of a tie in the Harvard and Princeton series the third games will probably be played at New York on either June 23 or 26.

Considering Establishment of Corps.

The establishment of a unit of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps at Yale is still undecided, for the War Department has not yet acted upon the proposal. The four Yale batteries of field artillery which spent the summer at Tobyhanna and which the unit of the corps is planned to succeed, have been mustered out of the Federal service as well as out of the Connecticut Militia, for which the final discharge papers were distributed last week. Since no definite action has been taken toward the establishment of a Yale Reserve Corps, the property of the Yale Reserve Corps, the property of the Yale batteries has not been transferred to the University from the ownership of the state. Furthermore, the army officers to be stationed at the University to take charge of the unit have not yet been officially appointed, although an effort is being made to complete the plans and gain the approbation of the War Department and the officials of the University before the Christmas recess.

Sheff. Report Shows Need.

Pressing needs for additional--funds and endowments are revealed by the 1915-16 financial report of the Sheffield Scientific School. The report shows that no material additions to the funds of the School have been made during the past year and that a material increase is necessary for the support of unendowed buildings and for the payment of salary deficits which are at present met by drawing on the Alumni Fund. More scholarships are also spoken of as a real need. For the past decade the increase in productive funds has failed to keep pace with the increase in the operating expenses of the educational plant, and the report shows that the increase in the productive endowment has been used almost entirely for restricted uses, such as the establishment of a new graduate course in business administration. A total income of $417,618.03 includes the tuition income of $181,519.79 and $34,463.63 which represents the income from $1,250,000, the amount which the University has had to set aside to balance the accounts of the school. The need of additional endowment is therefore manifest if the present standard of the school is to be maintained without drawing too heavily upon the funds of the university.

Students Earnings Large.

The report of the Yale Bureau of Appointments shows some phenomenal figures in students earnings. Through a can that 845 of the 3,000 in the University supported that 845 of the 300 in the University supported themselves in whole or in part during the past college year. From commencement to commencement these men earned in the neighborhood of a quarter of a million dollars. In addition to this, $96,161.73 was received by students from the university in scholarships and loans. A net total of 1,011 individual students realized a total amount of $328,031.25 during the 1915-16 season.

Yale Orchestra Scheduled Trips.

The Yale University Orchestra has two out-of-town trips on its schedule for the coming year, and it is probable that others will be arranged. The first trip will be to New York where a concert will be given at the Yale Club in the latter part of February. Later a joint concert will be held with the Smith Glee Club at Northampton, and concerts will be held in one or two cities near New Haven. The annual Fawn Club concert will close the season as usual in March.

Science Convention in New York.

The 69th convention of the American Association for the Advancement of Science will be held at Columbia University from December 26 to 30, inclusive. This convention, which is one of the greatest gatherings of American scientists, is the first of the so-called convocation-week meetings, planned by the Association, to be held once in four years, successively in New York, Chicago and Washington. At the last gathering of the Association ten years ago, approximately 2,000 of the 10,000 members of the Association were present.