AID GIVEN COLLEGE AVIATORS

AMORY EXPLAINED REGULATIONS FOR RESERVE CORPS AERO OFFICERS.

A meeting of those interested in learning how to fly at government training schools was held in Randolph Break-fast Room last evening. Roger Amory '10, who was chairman of the Undergraduate Aero Training Corps last year, outlined the requirements for the schools. About 20 men signified their intention of enlisting if it could be made possible.

The training course is divided into two classes, preliminary and advanced. Together they extend over a period of six months, and entitle those who take the course to a commission as regular officer in the reserve corps. It is necessary to enlist for a period of four years to be able to take this preliminary training, but after receiving the commission only 15 days each year is required.

Each applicant for admission to the course will be subjected to the same physical examination as is required of officers of the Regular Army applying for aviation duty. He will then be sent to some aviation school and trained there until he has passed his preliminary test. The government will pay for this training and in addition will pay the applicant $15 per month.

Three Advanced Training Schools.

After passing the preliminary test, the student will be sent to an advanced school of which there are now three, one on Long Island, one in Illinois and one in California. The successful completion of this course will entitle the student to a commission in the Aviation Section, Signal Officers' Reserve Corps.

Mr. Amory is going to Washington shortly to see if it would be possible for undergraduates to divide their six months' training into two parts, taking the preliminary part one summer and the advanced another summer. He is also trying to have a school started near Boston, if enough undergraduates show interest so that they may continue their training during the college year. The government's decision, and the full details of such a course will be known some time after the Christmas recess.

Applicants for commissions as reserve officers who hold the pilot certificate of the Aero Club of America will, after undergoing the physical examination, be given a flying examination embodying the requirements of the preliminary test. If competent they may also take the reserve military aviator's test. If they pass this second test, they will be given a commission in the Aviation Section, Signal Reserve Corps.