COMPETITIONS START FEB. 14

NEWS, EDITORIAL AND BUSINESS CANDIDATES FOR CRIMSON TO REPORT.

Four competitions for positions on the CRIMSON will commence on Wednesday, February 14, when candidates for the news department from the classes of 1919 and 1920, for the business department from 1919, and for the editorial staff from 1918 will report at the CRIMSON Building, 14 Plympton street, at 7 o'clock. This will be the first competition open to this year's Freshman Class and the last news competition open to 1919.

The editorial competition is the final one of any sort open to Juniors. Probably one or two men who have the ability to write clearly and forcefully will be taken on the Board in this department.

The news competition will consist chiefly in the gathering and "writing up" of news of interest to the University, and should be of great value to those who are contemplating journalism as a career. The competition which requires no previous training is one of great value, for it affords a means of becoming thoroughly acquainted with all the activities of the University.

Business Staff Positions Open.

A second opportunity will also be given to Sophomores to compete for a position on the business staff. Those who are taken on will be eligible to compete for the position of business manager of the CRIMSON during their Junior year. The work will consist of soliciting advertisements, together with a certain amount of bookkeeping and routine work. The lack of previous experience will not handicap the candidate seriously.