DEAN BRIGGS AT CONVENTION

TO REPRESENT UNIVERSITY WITH DR. R. I. LEE AT ANNUAL MEETING.

The 11th annual convention of the National Collegiate Athletic Association will be held at the Hotel Astor, New York, on Thursday, December 28, at which many important subjects will come up for discussion and at which many noted educators will deliver addresses. One of the most important topics of discussion will be proselyting.

Dean Briggs and Dr. R. I. Lee '02 will represent the University. The former president of the association will deliver the opening address and Dr. Lee will give a talk on "The Life of Harvard Oarsmen."

The morning session will be given over to addresses by Major P. E. Pierce, U. S. A., Professor R. G. Gettell, of Amherst, and R. Talt MacKenzie, of Pennsylvania.

Various Reports to be Read.

The reports of the various committees, secretary-treasurer and district representatives will be read in the afternoon. Professor H. A. Farr will read the report from Yale, Professor J. E. Raycroft the open from Princeton, and others the ones from North Carolina, Tennessee, Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Oregon Universities. Of the committee reports, the most important will be those on football rules, track rules, association football, swimming and the committee to investigate the effects of intercollegiate athletics. Reports of the last committee will be read by Dr. Lee, Dr. P. C. Phillips, of Amherst, Dr. Edgar Fauver, Dr. J. H. McCurdy.

In the evening a discussion on proselyting will be held, led by the following headmasters of secondary schools: Dr. Lewis Perry, Exeter; H. A. Peters, University School of Cleveland; M. R. McDaniel, Oak Park and River Forest Township High School; Dr. W. M. Irvine, Mercersburg, and Dr. A. E. Stearns, Andover.