TEAM F HELD FIRSTS TO ONE GOAL SCORED BY G. A. PERCY

Passing Game Still Much Too Unsteady. Players on 1920 Squad to be Numbered.

The end of the first week of hockey practice finds the University team weak on the offence and with a defence that has not had occasion to prove its ability. Better shooting seems necessary, for in yesterday's practice the first string line continually carried the puck up to team F's goal only to make inaccurate shots. The goal tending of B. Wells '19 kept the score down to a single goal by G. A. Percy '18.

There were no changes in the line-up of the regulars, but on team B. R. H. Kissel '19 took the place of R. B. Gross '19 at right wing. Kissel has been shifted to wing from centre and has therefore had to learn to play his new position.

45 at Freshman Meeting.

About 45 candidates for the 1920 hockey team reported at a meeting in Smith Halls last night. Captain J. E. P. Morman '17 spoke about the prospects for the season and the necessity of strict training. P. H. Smart '14, who will again coach the Freshman team, emphasized the value of head-work A. E. McDougall '18 explained the new scheme of numbering all the Freshmen in order to make it more convenient for the coach.

An opportunity for new men to report will be given on Monday when the first practice will be held behind the Hemenway Gymnasium.