GYM. MEET RESULTED IN TIE

CAPTAIN CAMPBELL STARRED FOR TEAM IN CONTEST WITH AMHERST.

The University Gymnastic Team divided the honors with Amherst in the Hemenway Gymnasium last night with a score of 27 to 27. The meet was keenly contested throughout, and even the splendid work of Captain W. Campbell '16, who placed first in three events and secured one tie for first, was not sufficient to gain a victory. Campbell's performance was the feature of the evening, and the first places which he secured in the Horizontal Bar, the Parallel Bars, and the Flying Rings, and his share of first honors in the Side Horse event, prove how invaluable he has been to the team.

The tumbling was exceptionally close, as the tie for first place between M. Blanchard '18 and Kohout indicates.

Particularly praiseworthy was the club swinging of Anderson and Leonard of Amherst, who secured first and second places respectively in this event, H. R. Bechtel '17 securing third place.

The University secured first place in the following events, the last two mentioned being ties: Horizontal Bar, Parallel Bars, Flying Rings, Side Horse, and Fumbling. Third places were won by T. A. Smith '18 in the tumbling and by H. R. Bechtel '17 in the Side Horse.