JUDGE APPOINTED TO FACULTY

F. J. Swayze '79, of New Jersey Court, to be Lecturer at Law School.

At a meeting of the President and Fellows of the University, the following appointments were made: Ernest Waters Wescott,  Assistant in Chemistry William Richard Ohler,  Fellow in Medicine Edmund Francis Walsh,  Fellow in Medicine John Alexander Wentworth,  Fellow in Medicine William Davis Smith,  Assistant in Medicine Frank Billings, University of Chicago,  Visiting Lecturer on Medicine Ezra Albert Cook,  Assistant in Philosophy Sidney Leavitt Pressy,  Assistant in Psychology Philip Lombard Given,  Assistant in Psychology Leonard Thompson Troland,  Instructor in Psychology Chester Alden McLain,  Lecturer on Constitutional Law William Goodrich Thompson,  Lecturer on Brief-Making and the Preparation of Cases (Law School) Judge Francis Joseph Swayze, Supreme Court of New Jersey,  Lecturer on Legal Ethics

Leave of absence was granted to Professor H. N. Davis for the second half-year of 1916-1917.

The E. R. Thayer Teaching Fellowship (recently established at the Law School in memory of the late Dean Thayer) was awarded to Chester Alden McLain of Melrose for 1916-1917, and the Elizabeth Wilder Prize, which is offered to the Freshman passing the highest examination in German at Mid-Years, was awarded to Clarence Crane Brinton of Longmeadow.

The use of Sanders Theatre for May 4 was granted to the Pierian Sodality for a concert.