ILLUSTRATED INCORPORATES

NEW POLICY TO BE PURSUED BY 1917 BOARD.--BI-WEEKLY ISSUES HEREAFTER.

With the election of the new officers of the Illustrated has come the announcement of the incorporation of the magazine under the laws of Massachusetts as the Harvard Illustrated, Inc. Three of the board of editors have been chosen to act as directors,--R. C. Kelley '17, of Dorchester, president; T. H. White '17, of Cleveland, Ohio, treasurer; and J. A. Goldthwait '17, of Boston, secretary.

This incorporation is the first step in the new policy which will be followed by the 1917 board of editors, whose work will not begin till the April issue. After May 1 the paper will be issued twice a month, appearing on the first and the fifteenth.

Founded in 1899, the Illustrated was the first college pictorial paper. Its success has led the Yale Courant, the Cornell Era, and the Pennsylvanian Red and Blue, all formerly literary magazines, to remodel on the same plan. The Princeton Pictorial Review, founded in 1913, also adopted the same scheme. These papers last May formed the Association of Illustrated College Magazines.

In appearing twice as often as heretofore, the Illustrated will be able to print more pictures, editorials, and articles of greater interest. Doubling the production of the magazine will make it more of a journalistic enterprise than it has been in the past.

A large staff of editors will be needed to carry out this policy. Competitions for candidates from the classes of 1918 and 1919 for the photograph, literary, and business ends will commence tomorrow evening at 7 o'clock, at the sanctum, 27 Holyoke street, at which time all men should report.