NEW CUP FOR 100-YARD DASH

Trophy Given by W. R. Mansfield '07 for Spring Handicap Games.

A beautiful silver cup has been presented by W. R. Mansfield '07 to be competed for annually in the 100-yard dash in the Annual Spring Handicap games, held before the Intercollegiates. It is known as the "Mansfield Trophy" and has engraved on it the name of the donor, the event for which it is to be awarded, and the meet in which the runners will compete. It stands 12 inches high and has a dull finish. At present it is at the H. A. A. office.

This is the fourth cup which has been presented by graduates for events in the annual Spring Handicap games. The Dodge Cup was given for the 220-yard dash and is now held by E. A. Teschner '17. The other two cups, the S. G. Wells Cup for the 440-yard dash, and the Dr. F. Wells Cup, given for the one-mile event in the spring games, are held by J. M. Waterman '17 and F. W. Capper '15 respectively. It is the hope of the Athletic Committee finally to have cups for every event in the Handicap Games and thus stimulate interest in track.