APPOINTMENTS TO FACULTY BY BOARD OF OVERSEERS

President and Fellows Granted Absence Leaves and Accepted Several Resignations.

At a meeting of the Board of Overseers it was voted to appoint Joseph Doddridge Brannan '69 as Bussey Professor of Law, Emeritus, upon the acceptance of his resignation as an active professor.

The following appointments were also made for the Faculty of Arts and Sciences: John M. Brewer, Instructor in Education; Julius Klein '13, Instructor in Latin-American History and Economics; Roger Adams '09, Instructor in Chemistry; Harold Hitchings Burbank, Instructor in Economics; Gabriel Marcus Green, Instructor in Mathematics; Eugene Louis Raiche, Instructor in French.

Five New Professorships.

The following were appointed to professorships: Louis Allard, Assistant Professor of French; Henry Vincent Hubbard '97, Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture; Grinnell Jones '05, Assistant Professor of Chemistry; Kenneth Grant Hemayne Webster '93, Assistant Professor of English; George Ellsworth Johnson, Assistant Professor of Education.

In the Graduate School of Medicine the following appointments were made: Frederick Herman Verhoeff '02, Assistant Professor of Ophthalmic Research; Elliott Gray Brackett '86, Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery.

Three Resign from Faculty.

At the meeting of the President and Fellows of Harvard College, the following resignations were accepted: George Herbert McCaffrey '12, as Assistant in Government; Robert Lindley Murray Underhill '11, as Assistant in Philosophy; John Charles Duncan '03, as Instructor in Astronomy.

The following appointments were made: Alan Matson Rodgers '12, as Proctor; Ray Ethan Torrey, Assistant in Botany; Edwin Martin Chamberlin '11, Assistant in Education; William LeRoy Hart, Benjamin Pierce Instructor in Mathematics; and Edward Kircher, Benjamin Pierce Instructor in Mathematics.

Leave of absence for the second half-year of 1916-1917 was granted to Ephraim Emerton '71, Winn Professor of Ecclesiastical History. Simon Flexner '06 and George W. McCoy were appointed Cutler Lecturers for 1915-16 at the Graduate School of Medicine.