COACH HERRICK DIRECTED OARSMEN FOR FIRST TIME

University Crews Given Conditioning Run After Work-Out on Machines and in Tank.

Coach R. F. Herrick '90, who this year is in complete charge of the University crews, supervised practice yesterday afternoon for the first time this spring. Coach Herrick has just arrived in the East after spending the winter visiting friends on the Pacific Coast. From now on he will direct the work regularly every day, which up to this time has been conducted by Coach Haines.

Under Coaches Herrick and Haines the University crews worked on the machines and in the tank, there being no shifts except in University B, where J. H. Volkmann '16 was placed at 4, and K. P. Culbert '17 was moved from 4 to 6 to take the place of H. S. Middendorf '16, who will be out for the next few days on account of illness. The running after practice is being continued, every man doing a quarter-mile stretch along the river.

Three new boats have been ordered for the University crew and should arrive soon. One is an eight-oared shell to be built by Ward of New Jersey; the other two are four-oared heavy boats for practice, built by Davy & Co. of Cambridge.

The present order of the University crews is as follows:

University A.--Stroke, C. C. Lund '16; 7, H. B. Cabot, Jr. '17; 6, D. P. Morgan '16; 5, T. E. Stebbins '17; 4, K. B. G. Parson '16; 3, J. Talcott, Jr. '16; 2, F. W. Busk '16; bow, N. Brazer '18.

University B.--Stroke, J. C. White, 2nd '17; 7, H. A. Quimby '18; 6, K. P. Culbert '17; 5, J. W. Middendorf '16; 4, J. H. Volkmann '16; 3, E. W. Soucy '16; 2, M. Taylor '18; bow, R. F. Herrick, Jr. '16.