UNIVERSITY TENNIS TEAM STARTS TRIP ON SATURDAY

Southern Excursion to Include Matches With Chevy Chase and West Side Tennis Clubs.

The University tennis team will start its Southern trip on Saturday. Five men besides the manager will make the trip. The vacancies left by W. W. Mansfield '15, who graduated last June, and L. Curtis '16, now an attache of the American Embassy in Paris, should be ably filled. With such material as J. S. Brown, Jr., '17, A. F. Doty '16, H. G. M. Kelleher '18, J. S. Pfaffman '17, and J. Wooldredge '16 to drawn from, a strong team should be built up.

The opening match of the trip will be that with the Agawam Hunt Club at Providence, next Saturday. The Philadelphia Cricket Club will be played at Philadelphia next Monday. On the following day the University team will meet the Chevy Chase Club of Washington, which includes among its members a number of the best players of the Middle South. Last year the University won this match by the score of 5 to 1. In its fourth match the team will face the Norfolk Country Club, at Norfolk, Va., on April 19, a team which won the Southern inter-club league championship last summer. The match with the Richmond Country Club at Richmond, Va., will take place the next day.

The trip will close with the match with the West Side Tennis Club, at Forest Hills, L. I., N. Y., on April 22. The West Side team, composed of K. H. Behr, of Yale, F. B. Alexander, of Princeton, L. M. Murray, of Leland Stanford, W. M. Washburn '14, and E. H. Whitney '14, will be by far the most powerful combination which the University team will face.

The outlook for the team in the intercollegiate matches during the coming season is brighter than ever. The most prominent teams which the University will face in the regular intercollegiate schedule will be Yale, Princeton, Cornell, Pennsylvania, and Leland Stanford. Much better results are anticipated than last year from the matches with Princeton and Cornell, owing to the strength of the present material, and the chances for a clean slate in the intercollegiates are excellent.

Season tickets for these matches are now on sale, at $1 apiece, at the office of the Athletic Association, Leavitt & Peirce's, and Wright and Ditson's.