American Rowing Association to Hold Regatta on May 13

The Fourteenth Annual Regatta of the American Rowing Association will be held on the Schuylkill River, at Philadelphia, on Saturday, May 13. The feature of the Regatta will be the Childs Cup Race between the first crews of Columbia, Princeton, Pennsylvania, and the United States Naval Academy. The race will be rowed under the auspices of the Association, in connection with the Regatta, and will be one mile and a half in length. The other races of the Regatta will be: First Single Sculls, for the Farragut Challenge Cup; Second Single Sculls; First Double Sculls, for the Schuylkill Challenge Cup; First Four Sculls (Centipedes); First Four-Oared Sculls, for the Puritan Challenge Cup; Special Four-Oared Shells for the United States Navy Cup, open only to crews from colleges and boat clubs eligible as "Second" Fours; First Eight-Oared Shells, for the Stewards' Challenge Cup; Special Inter-Club Second Eight-Oared Shells; Junior Collegiate Eight-Oared Shells, for the New England Challenge Cup; and Freshman Eight-Oared Shells.