COMMENT.

That the present discussion of the crew policy is not thought untimely by many undergraduates is proved by the number of men who have voluntarily endorsed the proposed change in the crew administrative system. The CRIMSON again wishes to warn against personalities entering into this subject. Coach Herrick and Captain Morgan have and deserve the solid support of all undergraduates and any change in the policy would not affect their relations this year.

Complete harmony and co-operation seem to be established between coach and captain for this season. Such was not the case last year, however, and it may not be in other years. The very fact that no friction exists or can be foreseen now is precisely why the present is a propitious moment for a final settlement of future policy.

Some have seen fit to intimate that the CRIMSON, in presenting the details of the crew situation, has gone outside its proper field. Suffice it to say that the CRIMSON reported the necessary facts, gathered from the most reliable sources available, only after all other means of mending the crew policy seemed to be futile. If it is not the duty of the CRIMSON to give to undergraduates the details of a problem so vitally concerning them and Harvard, then the CRIMSON is not fulfilling what it believes to be the true function of a college newspaper.