PARIS AMBULANCE NEEDS MEN

OPPORTUNITY FOR 25 DRIVERS TO ENTER SERVICE FOR THREE MONTHS' SERVICE.

Recent cables from Paris received at the Headquarters of the American Ambulance Hospital, 14 Wall street, New York City, state that twenty-five men will be needed for the service in Paris for the summer term of three months. In addition, ten men will be sent over monthly during the months of July, August, and September, and it is expected that there will be a greater call for men in the fall.

With the exception of the twenty-five men wanted for the Paris service, volunteers must enlist for six months or longer. Preference is given to men who can stay indefinitely.

Volunteers pay their own expenses of transportation to and from France and buy their own uniforms. Board and lodging is furnished free while they are in the service, however, but they must provide for their incidental expenses, which average about $20 a month. The total expense for transportation from New York to France and return is about $150. Fifty dollars should be allowed for uniform and equipment, making a total necessary expenditure of between $300 and $400 for service of six months to one year.

Only native-born Americans who can furnish the highest references as to their character are accepted. In addition, the men must be competent automobile drivers and must know how to make all ordinary repairs. They should be in the best physical condition.

A personal interview with a representative of the American Ambulance is necessary before final acceptance. The work in this district is in charge of Richard Lawrence '02, of the State Street Trust Company, 579 Boylston street, Boston. Application blanks and all information can be obtained from Mr. Lawrence, or from William R. Hereford, a graduate of the Law School in 1895, who is in charge of Headquarters, 14 Wall street, New York City.

Applicants should interview Mr. Lawrence or Mr. Hereford at once, to lay plans for a summer in the French lines.