EDUCATION DEPARTMENT TO ENLARGE ITS CURRICULUM

J. Lee '83, C. E. Johnson, and J. M. Brewer Added to Staff of Instructors.

The new pamphlet of the Division of Education for 1916-17 shows the appointment of three new instructors, the addition of eight more courses, and the change for one year only of six courses from whole to half-courses. The pamphlet may be obtained at University 2. Hereafter properly qualified Radcliffe students will be admitted to 12 advanced courses in Education. Education 9 hf. has been made a starred course.

The three new instructors of the Division are Joseph Lee '83, formerly a member of the Boston School Committee, and president of the Playground Association of America; George Ellsworth Johnson, former superintendent of schools of Andover and of Tewksbury and a member of the International Congress of School Hygiene; and John Marks Brewer, S.B., A.M.

The eight new courses are as follows: Education 14hf., Child Development, Assistant Professor Johnson; 15 hf., The Reorganization of Secondary Education, Assistant Professor Inglis; 12a hf., Play in Education, Assistant Professor Johnson and Mr. Lee; 12b hf., The Administration and Conduct of Play and Recreation in School Systems, Assistant Professor Johnson; 16a hf., Principles of Vocational Guidance, Mr. Brewer; 16b hf., Problems in Vocational Guidance, Mr. Brewer; 20h, Play and Recreation, Assistant Professor Johnson and Mr. Lee; 201, Vocational Guidance: Principles and Practice, Mr. Brewer.

The following, ordinarily full courses, will be given as half-courses in 1916-17, thereafter being given again as full courses: 3a, 3c, 20a, 20b, 20c, 20d.