NEW APPOINTMENTS ANNOUNCED

Several Changes Made at Last Meeting of Corporation.

At the last meeting of the Corporation Professor Bliss Percy was granted a sabbatical leave of absence for the second half of 1916-17. Gifts were announced to the amount of $83,435,75. Dr. George Richards Minot '08 was awarded a James Jackson Cabot Fellowship for next year and will work at the Massachusetts General Hospital under the direction of Dr. Edsall. Dr. Lawson Gentry Lowrey was also awarded a Cabot Fellowship. He will pursue his investigations at the Danvers State Hospital under the direction of Dr. Southard.

The following resignations were received and accepted: Ernest Gale Martin, as Assistant Professor of Physiology; Frederic Ernest Richter '13, as Instructor in Economics and Tutor in the Division of History, Government and Economics.

The following appointments were made: Clarence Cook Little '10, Research Fellow in Genetics of the Cancer Commission of Harvard University; Wallace

Osgood Fenn '14, Assistant in Botany; Carl Henry Wilson, Assistant in Chemistry; Frank Conkling Seymour, Assistant in Botany; James Washington Bell, Assistant in Government; Colin Brummitt Goodykoontz, Assistant in History; Philip Quincy Wright, Assistant in Government; Lawrence Valentine Roth, Assistant in History; James Plummer Poole, as Austin Teaching Fellow in Botany; Reginald Francis Arragon, as Austin Teaching Fellow in History; Joseph Vincent Fuller '14, as Austin Teaching Fellow in History; John Kirtland Wright '13, as Austin Teaching Fellow in History; George La Piana, as Austin Teaching Fellow in History of Religion; Arthur Harrison Cole, as Instructor in Economics; Samuel Eliot Morison '08, as Instructor in History; Richard Ager Newhall, as Instructor in History.

Also the following tutors: Harold Hitchings Burbank (chairman), in the Department of History, Government and Economics; Alfred Chester Hanford, in the Department of History, Government and Economics.

Also Fulton Cutting '09, Fellow for Research in Physics; Robert Van Arsdale Norris, Lecturer on Coal Mining; Warren Milton Persons, Exchange Lecturer on Economics from Colorado College, first half 1916-17; James Hardy Ropes '89, Exchange Professor to the West for the second half 1916-17; Roland Cotton Smith, William Belden Noble Lecturer.

The following Medical School awards were made George Cheyne Shattuck Memorial Fellowship to Thomas Foster Wheeldori; John Ware Memorial Fellowship to Ernest Waters Wescott '11; Charles Eliot Ware Fellowship to James Howard Brown