VISITING COURSES

It appears many times that a man is compelled to select some course about which he knows nothing in order to round out either his field of concentration or distribution. After the first meeting a certain course may prove to be entirely unsuited to his tastes. Usually the man remains in the course, resigns himself to the fact that he will be bored, and determines to do as little work as possible. With slight effort this misfortune can be averted. Provided a student has a reason worthy of consideration he is allowed to drop a course any time before Saturday, October 7. If the particular course happens to be one selected last May, it is usually more difficult to change it, yet with a substantial excuse it is possible. During the next few days there is ample time for men who are doubtful of courses already chosen to visit other similar courses in the same group or subject, and find out whether a different course would prove more feasible. The general headings of courses in the elective pamphlet are often so brief they give no comprehensive idea regarding the work covered in the courses. For this reason it does no harm for men to visit a number of courses at their first meetings and run the chance of discovering a substitute course more to their liking. Especially does this refer to Seniors who choose their last courses and usually have to search for an extra one to complete the required schedule. A hasty choice often means an unfortunate one. A careful reconsideration of possible courses during the next week may mean a final year of delightful work instead of unnecessary drudgery.