ALL RECORDS BROKEN AT BROWN

Enrolment for Year Is 1,136.--Extension Courses Never so Popular.

Final registrations figures at Brown prepared for the 1917 college catalogue show that the enrolment for the current academic year surpasses all records. The total registration for the year is 1,136 an increase of 22 over the figure for 2 year ago, the best previous mark. In addition, there are 580 enrolled in the extension courses this year, against 316 last winter. These figures are not included in the general enrolment, which is made up of undergraduates of the men's and women's colleges and of graduate students. In the past five years, the official records indicate, there has been an increase of a flat 20 per cent in the university registration. Undergraduate men this year number 778, against 765 last year. This gain is made despite the fact that the present freshman class of 237 is smaller by 19 than last year's Undergraduates at the Women's College total 232, an increase of 23. Graduate students show a falling off, there being 130 this year, 15 less than last winter.

Engineering a Separate Division.

The electrical engineering laboratory at Brown is to be moved into the engineering building from Wilson Hall, in accordance with plans developed by the university corporation for uniting all engineering courses into a separate division.