UNIVERSITY FOOTBALL MEN HOLD VOLONTARY PRACTICE

Those Not Out for Other sports Limber Up Dally Under Donovan in Baseball Cage.

Six of the University football players reported to the baseball cage yesterday afternoon for an hour of exercise passing the ball back and forth and running up and down the cage. It was the first of the voluntary practice sessions which are being held for the football players who are not out for some of the other winter sports.

The coaches desire that as many men as possible take some form of exercise to keep in shape. Captain W. H. Wheeler '18 and C. A. Clark '19, both of whom are out for track, got down half an hour early to pass the ball with the others. H. C. Flower, Jr., '19, and several Freshmen were the practice. The men did not get into football clothes.

Coach Haughton has urged all of the players to go out for some of the other teams, naming wrestling as one of the best. There are a large number of players, however, who have not had any physical exercise since the Yale game in November, and the hour from 2 to 3 o'clock in the baseball cage is reserved for any of these who wish to limber up their muscles. Coach Donovan, of the track team, is on hand to supervise the work.