PUDDING PLAY CHOSEN

A "MOVIE" THEME

The Hasty Pudding Club has chosen for its annual musical comedy this year "Barnum Was Right," written by Robert Emmet Sherwood '18, of New York City. The music was written by Samuel Power Sears '18, of Quincy. There were six manuscripts submitted in the competition, which was judged by a committee composed of J. S. Seabury and A. H. Parker '97.

The scenes of "Barnum Was Right" are laid in a moving picture studio, to which a stranger who has never before seen moving pictures comes. He goes through an amazing series of adventures with the "vampire" member of the "movie" stock company, all the time being photographed by a moving-picture camera without his knowledge, and when the denoument arrives, he concedes that the "movies" are on a par with all the other fine arts, and deserving of a representative among the muses.

The schedule of performances has been arranged as follows: April 7, in Cambridge (graduates' night); April 9, Cambridge; April 10, Cambridge; April 12, Boston, and April 13, Boston. There will be a matinee performance on April 12.

Contrary to the usual custom, there will be dancing after the performance in Cambridge on Tuesday, April 10.