SECONDS SMOTHERED STONE 8 TO 0

R. J. H. Powel, Jr., '18 Elected Captain and Starred for Scrubs.

The University second hockey team got away to a flying start on its present schedule by winning from the Stone School seven by the score of 8 to 0 in a one-sided game on the Stadium rink Saturday. The visiting players were swept off their feet by the initial rush of the seconds which scored their four goals in the first five minutes of play. Two more goals were made before the end of the first half.

R. C. Cook '17, who substituted at left centre, played a steady game. The two Hagan brothers, who played the centre positions in the visitors' forward line, starred for Stone.

Powel Elected Captain.

Robert Johnston Hare Powel, Jr., '18, of Ardsley-on-Hudson, N. Y., was elected captain of the second team shortly before the game started. He played a star game at right centre, scoring three of his team's eight goals.

The summary: HARVARD 2NDS.  STONE SCHOOL Phinney, l.w.  r.w., Corcoran Merrill, l.c.  r.c., O. Hagan Powel, r.c.  l.c., W. Hagan Jackson, r.w.  l.w., Blair Harris, c.p.  c.p., Landy Clark, p.  p., Carter Bishop, g.  g., Richardson

Score--Harvard 2nds, 8; Stone School, 0. Goals--Powel (4), Phinney, Clark, Jackson, Hubbard. Substitutions--Harvard: Kissel for Jackson, Timpson for Phinney, Baker for Merrill, Cook for Baker, Guild for Clark, Furness for Powel, Freeman for Harris, Wills for Bishop, Hubbard for Cook. Referee--Martin. Timers--Pickering and French. Time--18-minute halves.