ROWSE PICKED TO RUN IN TECH. RELAY RACE

Two New Cups Presented for Competition to Promote Interest in Field Events.

A. E. Rowse '18 will probably be the fourth man on the University relay team which will race Technology next Saturday. The other members of the team will be Captain E. A. Teschner '17, W. Willcox, Jr., '17, and H. W. Minot '17.

Benjamin Seaver Blanchard '20, of Brookline, has been appointed captain of the Freshman relay team. The other men chosen to run against the Tech. freshmen are H. B. Davis '20, P. E. Stevenson '20 and F. W. Willett '20. A Freshman relay training table will be started on Friday morning at Smith Hall. In addition to those running on the team, R. H. Post '20 and L. B. Evans '20 are to report.

A member of the Track Advisory Committee has given a cup which will be awarded each year to the man doing the best work in the handicap competitions in the shot put. These competitions are held in the cage on Mondays and both Freshmen and upperclassmen may compete. The number of competitions entered as well as the best actual work will be taken into consideration in making the award.

Another cup is similarly offered to the man who in the opinion of the Graduate Track Committee and the coaches has been the biggest asset to the University team in the field athletics. This cup will be awarded on the basis of the work done in the cage in the winter. The winner may keep it a year and a replica of it will be given which may be kept permanently.

Henceforth prizes will be given each week to the winners of the competitions in the cage.

The coaches are not at all satisfied with the number of men out for the high jump. Additional candidates should report to Dr. Morrill in the cage any afternoon between 2.30 and 5 o'clock.

Tickets for the B. A. A. Meet on February 3 are on sale at the H. A. A. Office at two dollars apiece.