THE CO-OPERATIVE REPORT

The Harvard Co-operative Society is not, so far as we know, engaged in making munitions, but it seems to be riding nicely on our flood tide of national economic prosperity. With sales at its three stores amounting to more than $300,000, and with net earnings of nearly $32,000 on half the year's business, there seems to be no danger of a shrunken dividend in the near future. Even better still, these figures demonstrate the soundness of the co-operative principle and prove that the profit-sharing plan can more than hold its own with any other plan of retail business when given a fair opportunity.

The success of the new Technology Branch is particularly gratifying. On sales of about $50,000 made since this branch opened in September there is more than $6,000 available for distribution to Technology members, and this sum does not include the amount which they have paid in membership fees. Counting these the net earnings are about $8,000. In every way the past six months are the best that the Co-operative Society has ever had, with the largest sales, gross profits, net earnings and membership.