TRACK SQUAD PRACTISING FOR B. A. A. MEET SATURDAY

WILLCOX LIKELY TO STAY

The track squad is very busy this week preparing for the B. A. A. meet which is to be held in Mechanics Building Saturday night, and which is the big event of the indoor season. The short relay team will race Cornell and will be composed of the same men, who defeated Technology last week. Time trials were held yesterday for the 780-yard team which will race Yale. As a result the team will race Yale. As a result the team will be chosen from the following five men: J. Coggeshall '18, F. T. Donahue '18, J. W. Feeney '17, J. D. Hutchinson '18, and H. W. Minot '16. Last year the University defeated Yale by about a foot when Captain W. J. Bingham '16 beat Overton to the last corner. The Freshman relay team will also race the Yale freshmen.

Many Stars Entered in Races.

Saturday's meet will bring together all the best runners of the East, and every event is sure to be closely contested. In the Hunter mile, Ivan Mayers, of the Illinois A. C., M. Devanney, of the Millrose A. C., and J. W. Byan of the B. A. A. appear to be the favorite stars. J. W. Ray of the Illinois, A. C. is expected to come close to the record in the three mile run, but he will have to beat such men as V. Kyronen of the Millrose A. C., and J. Henigan of the Dorchester Club.

Other stars entered include J. E. Meredith, T. J. Halpin, D. S. Caldwell and J. T. Higgins in the 600, F. S. Murray and J. J. Ellen in the 45-yard hurdles, and A. T. Meyer, A. Kelley, W. Moore '18 and Captain E. A. Teschner '17 in the 40-yard dash.

Willcox Probably Will Remain

W. Willcox, Jr., '17 who had considered leaving College after mid-years, will in all probability remain until the end of the college year. His presence will materially strengthen the prospect for a successful track season.